As Christians, Congregationalists believe in God and seek to be followers of Jesus. As a worshiping community, we respect each other’s individual faith and diversity of thought. We believe we are called upon to support one another in life’s journey and affirm the sacredness of all creation. With the help of God and through the teachings of Jesus, we seek truth and guidance in all that we do. We use no creed as a test of faith but call upon each other to serve God and others in ways that are uplifting to God’s creation.
North Church uses the New Century Hymnal and the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) Translation of the Bible.
North Church is a member of the National Association of Congregational Christian Churches, the Southeast Michigan Association of Congregational Churches, and the Michigan Conference of Congregational Christian Churches.
Our Mission & Vision
We are gathered for the worship of God and Service to Humanity.
We are a Christian community growing in faith and spirit, welcoming and serving our neighbors with joy and love, worshiping together with mutual respect, and making a difference in our lives and our world.
We Are Followers of Jesus
- We are guided by His teachings and example.
- Our faith is grounded in scripture, history, and tradition.
We Are Seekers of god’s truth
- We explore God’s truths, beginning with those revealed to us in the Old and New Testaments.
- We respect the diversity of thought in matters of faith and learn from ideas that enlighten the faithful of all generations
We strive to be stewards of god’s love
- We challenge ourselves to apply what we learn in our daily lives.
- We reflect God’s forgiveness and grace as we care for one another in our congregation and communities.
- We serve God by responding to the needs of our ever-changing world.